Thursday, November 16, 2006

Last night and this morning have I have been the unwilling recipient of attacks from one of my yahoo groups that specializes in unassisted homebirth. I have been left feeling very bereft of the support I had hoped to have. There have been accusations because I have not yet given birth.

No one is more keenly aware of each second that I am not in labor than myself. No one desires it more earnestly. There are many on the group who have had longer pregnancies, yet because I have said multiples (I have only mentioned the first two sets. If they cannot believe those, they couldn't believe more.) they are doubting, and not just doubting, outright attacking. They have accused me of lying, and even of never having been pregnant.

I told Kevin months ago that we would probably have to have genetic testing done to prove they were our babies because no one would believe that this could have happened. I knew there would be disbelief, I just didn't think it would start so soon.

I am hurt and saddened. I am so stunned I do not know how to respond. Part of me wants to run and hide, and part of me is filled with outraged justice. I tried to reply politely. But now, I will hide, hide to protect myself, and my babies. Hide to let them come in peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rixa said...

Hi Ramona,
Yeah, I agree that it's not fair the way c-birth people have been acting. I mean, no one else is asked to show proof that they are pregnant! Oh well, I think perhaps cocooning yourself is the best thing to do. Or how about turning more to some of the LDS birth lists?

Friday, 17 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home