My life is mostly filled these days, with preparations for my brother's wedding. I am so good at underestimating the amount of time and effort that go into various jobs. I am waiting on materials that I purchased (have I ever said that I LOVE eBay?) to arrive so that I can make gel candles for the tables. Yesterday I purchased material to make a memory quilt for them. One of my sisters made one for me, with white squares to be written on by guests at the reception. I love it. It is a simple patchwork tie quilt, with the our two wedding colors interspersed by white squares with the good wishes, signatures and thoughts of our reception guests. For my brother and his fiancée (both autumn in coloring) I have chosen 9" cream squares with moss/olive green and gold squares to go with it. I still need to cut the squares, but I also need to make journaling boxes for them. Denise wants to have a scrapbook of good wishes instead of a guest register.
I guess I will give one of them to her for her wedding and one for her bridal shower. I am just trying to figure out which for which. She knows about both of them, so they are hardly surprises, but practicality often has to win over fun.
So, today I am going to cut squares for journaling. I have to figure out pens, because I really don't want to lose any of my very expensive Creative Memories pens. I suppose I could buy more, but I really don't want to spend more money than I already have. I am feeling very broke right now.
I am also trying hard to get my house ready for adopting a sibling group. I feel so strongly that this is the right thing, and the experience I went through was partially to change my perception of what is a large family. I look through the website of foster children waiting for adoptive homes. It breaks my heart to see all those sibling groups wanting desperately to be together with so few people willing to consider more than a young child. From the beginning my husband and I have discussed adoption. We have already adopted one of our children. We meant to get a sibling group and foster to adopt, but that wasn't what the Lord had in mind for our family at that time. This time, I do not think we will foster, but just adopt one sibling group straight from the website. We shall see.
I guess I will give one of them to her for her wedding and one for her bridal shower. I am just trying to figure out which for which. She knows about both of them, so they are hardly surprises, but practicality often has to win over fun.
So, today I am going to cut squares for journaling. I have to figure out pens, because I really don't want to lose any of my very expensive Creative Memories pens. I suppose I could buy more, but I really don't want to spend more money than I already have. I am feeling very broke right now.
I am also trying hard to get my house ready for adopting a sibling group. I feel so strongly that this is the right thing, and the experience I went through was partially to change my perception of what is a large family. I look through the website of foster children waiting for adoptive homes. It breaks my heart to see all those sibling groups wanting desperately to be together with so few people willing to consider more than a young child. From the beginning my husband and I have discussed adoption. We have already adopted one of our children. We meant to get a sibling group and foster to adopt, but that wasn't what the Lord had in mind for our family at that time. This time, I do not think we will foster, but just adopt one sibling group straight from the website. We shall see.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home